The ReStore accepts donations of usable building materials and supplies during the following hours:
Monday – Friday, 9a.m. – 4p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Store Location: 637 S. Lover Lane, Visalia, CA 93292. Call 559.734.4056 to make arrangements for any necessary pick-ups.
Here are some good reasons to donate to the ReStore:
- Help Eliminate Poverty Housing!-All proceeds from ReStore sales goes toward the construction of more Habitat for Humanity homes in Tulare/Kings Counties.
- Save Money-Donating materials to the ReStore reduces the amount of money spent taking unwanted materials to the landfill and it allows you to avoid hauling/trash & disposal costs.
- Receive a Tax Donation-Habitat for Humanity of Tulare/Kings Counties is a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization. All materials and money donated Habitat for Humanity and the ReStore are tax deductible.
- Types of Donations Accepted:
- Appliances – With ReStore Manager’s approval
- Bathtubs & Showers
- Cabinets & Cabinet Doors
- Ceramic Tile & Supplies
- Counter Tops & Vanity Tops
- Doors & Door Hardware
- Dual Pane Windows
- Electrical & Plumbing Materials
- Faucets – Bathroom & Kitchen
- Furniture – With ReStore Manager’s approval
- Hand, Lawn & Power Tools
- HVAC Items
- Light Fixtures & Ceiling Fans
- Linoleum & Other Flooring
- Paint – Full Cans Only
- Roofing Materials
- Sinks & Counter tops
- Other Items – With ReStore Manager’s approval ~ Call our ReStore manager Ken at 734-4056 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is a list of items we do not accept and some alternative non-profits to consider for your donation.
- Mattresses-these cannot be legally re-sold but can be useful to other local non-profits: Please contact The Visalia Rescue Mission at (559) 740-4178 or Love in the Name of Christ at (559) 688-8870
The following items cannot be donated as they will not meet present building code standards and cannot be legally re-installed in a home.
- Single pane windows
- Used Water Heaters
- Used faucets (kitchen or bathroom) that were created prior to January 14, 2014
- Cans of paint that are less than 1/2 full