Businesses, organizations, congregations, groups or individuals can contribute to Habitat for Humanity. Volunteer, donate or join us at one of our events. Together we will see that every man, woman and child has a decent, affordable place to live. Check out some of our current projects.
How Individuals Can Help
Click Here to sign up!
- Build or remodel houses (skilled and unskilled workers are needed at various intervals).
- Become an office volunteer: help with mailings, data entry, and various other office duties.
- Become a ReStore Volunteer: help with sales, merchandising, assembling furniture, and picking up materials for our building material thrift store.
- Be a “Family Partner” and act as a liaison between Habitat for Humanity and the homeowner family.
- Join a committee to help with fundraising, special events and more!
- Use your checkbook as a hammer
How Congregations Can Help
Your congregation can provide a work crew and/or lunches on our sites. Our primary workdays are on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
To Schedule a Workday
- Determine the interest among your fellow parishioners.
- Determine if there are any skilled or semi-skilled workers that could serve as crew leaders for your group.
- Contact the Habitat office to schedule a work day; ideal work crews are 8-10 workers.
To provide lunch:
- Organize a group to assemble a simple lunch for a Saturday work site (usually sandwiches, fruit, drinks, and desert).
- Call the Habitat office to arrange a convenient Saturday to provide lunch and bring the lunch to the site.
How Corporations Can Help (partnership)
Corporate partnerships provide a proactive solution to eliminating poverty housing in our community while giving a corporation positive public relations and possible tax deductions. Habitat partners with companies in our area in may different ways – including:
- Product donations
- Service donations
- Financial support
- Sponsorship of a house or part of a house
- Grants and awards programs
- Providing lunch for Saturday work crews.
- Sponsoring and promoting fundraising events.
- Organizing a Saturday work crew from your corporation.
Saturday work crews are an essential element in the construction of every Habitat home. During a Habitat workday, your employees will see each other at their best. Employees involve themselves in a cause they can relate to, and one that produces immediate, tangible results.
If you would like to find out how your corporation can partner with Habitat for Humanity of Tulare/Kings Counties, please call our office at 559-734-4040.
Donate to Habitat for Humanity of Tulare/Kings Counties and help even more families realize their dream of a simple, decent, affordable home. Send your donation to PO Box 848, Visalia CA, 93279 or donate on line safely by Clicking Here.